An online meeting on Aegean Geopolitics and Turkish-Greek relations was held by ATA Platform on 28 February 2021. In the meeting, the geopolitical situation in the Aegean was evaluated within the framework of the historical developments and the current positions of the actors.
In this context;
- The current situation of the Turkish Naval Forces and Turkish Air Forces in the balance of power in the light of possibilities in the Aegean Sea, in this context, the Turkish-Greek balance of power in terms of military and technology,
- Initiatives of anti-Turkey security concept in the region,
- Historical process of Aegean geopolitics, Post-Republic Period, Cyprus Intervention and Kardak Crisis,
- Problem of the armament of the Aegean islands,
- The increasing interest of the USA in the region in the recent period and the reasons for its increasing military fortification,
- The historical perspective of Turkish-Greek relations and the attitude of Greek politics with the effect of the concept of Megali Idea,
- The Arctic issue and the recent use of the Arctic trade route (North Sea Route) and the effect of this situation on geopolitical balances and particularly on the Aegean geopolitics, the future of the developing US-Greece relations in this context,
have been discussed in detail.